OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Just a Picture...and a few words

I should be in bed, but I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of the kids with their Grandma this morning before church as I planned. I'm amazed with how many pictures I take that I often miss the important family pictures that really matter. JD and Alyssa are leaving early in the morning to make the trip to take Grandma back to her house. We had a wonderful week with her here. It was filled with school, girl's hair and applesauce, but very enjoyable. 


Here's a picture of Julia checking out how clean the baby guineas feet were before she carried him up to the house to show Grandma. You can see the corn-rows that I put in her hair. I just wish it was faster to do their hair; the time is hard on them and me!



Aunt Deb is coming to spend the day with us tomorrow. Since the hair is done, it's looking like school, applesauce and laundry! Nothing like breaking up the monotony!

2 comments:

  1. We horrible hair day on Saturday too. My mistake was thinking that since the girls tolerated the first girls hair process they would survive through the second. Oh no. They were all sobbing by the time I got the the last section of Amanda's. I seriously pondered getting hers cut really short...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know what you mean about the hair...some weeks I just don’t want to do it.
    Her hair looks very good, and the picture is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete