OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

What I've Been Doing

 The first picture will explain the reason I couldn't psychologically get the kid's spring clothes out of storage until I cleaned the storage room. Normally I sort and organize the clothes in this room and bring them to and from their bedrooms to keep the clothes mess contained in one spot, but that wasn't an option because the room was beyond a disaster. It took me about two days, but I restored order to the room, packed up the five youngest children's winter clothes and brought out their summer wardrobe. It's such a good feeling to have all their drawers neat and tidy and know exactly what I have to buy whom to get through the summer!

Before (I warned you it was bad) - 




After (could still use some work, but it's at a point I can handle) - 


Once I got to the point of pulling out bins that I needed to unload into drawers, I had the kids carry them out and "stack them on the couch." This was the pile that awaited me - nice, really nice!



 We received some bad news medically about JD's Mom last night, so we are heading to PA tomorrow. I'm so thankful I got the clothes done first. The kids are staying here with my sister, so maybe I'll have a little time to blog about things that require thought - like Selah's referral story.

1 comment:

  1. We just finished that too, although here in AL, we don't actually ever pack the summer clothes away. I think your storage room looks great--you should see our garage.
    Congrats on the girls!!! It's been a few busy weeks since I have checked in here. I love the porch, what are the chances JD would come do some work here????

    ReplyDelete