OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Amish Trip

When Elijah woke up this morning, I told him that I was heading to the Amish and asked if he would like to go. At first he said, "only if you are going to the swing-set maker". I told him that I wasn't, but I was going to the flee-market to get baby chicks. He said them, "I'll go! I only like to go if you go to the swing-set maker, buy candy or get baby chicks."  He then told me that he wanted his own baby chick and he will keep it in his cubby by the front door.  

Six kids and I headed out as early as we could this morning while JD remained home to work on the screened in porch ceiling. We purchased 20 new baby chicks. We bought the last couple of silkies and polish, then some Leghorns and cool black ones (that I can't remember the name of) that lay black eggs. Selah has been anxiously awaiting her own baby chick for the last few months.
 

Monkey see - monkey do; the big monkey should know the likelyhood of being pooped on, but they both lucked out this time.


When we took the babies out to put them in the baby cage, we saw nasty grubs in the chicken food that was given to us with the chickens last week. We started scooping them out and giving them to the chickens.


The chickens gobble them the minute they see them move. Check out that goofy looking white Polish chicken - isn't he a show stopper? He can barely see past the feathers in his eyes and walks like a drunk.


While we were in Amish country, we hit the farmers market. I'm thinking grilled zuchinni tonight.


Ben informed me that there were apples growing on the pear tree and nuts on the peach tree. Upon further investigation, they are actually pears and peaches - surprise!

baby pears

Elijah would like to show you his father's new toy. Yes, we bought a humongous back-hoe. The plan is that we clear a few acres and complete a few other projects; then we will sell it to recoop our money....(that's at least the plan JD sold me on).



No comments:

Post a Comment