OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bible Club

The kids and I joined Aunt Deb at a Bible club that was held in a low-income housing complex where she works with Afghan refugees. The kids had a great time and the most exciting part for me was we met Ethiopians - both an adopted daughter that was there helping with the program and two little Ethiopian girls that live there. Tomorrow we are going back and I'm going to meet the little girls' parents. I can see why my sister enjoys working with the refugee families - they were very kind and welcoming (about four of my children had to borrow bathrooms).


Alyssa and James were trying to convince Elijah to join in the games - it takes him a while to warm up sometimes.


My sister has a big advantage with the Afghan families; she can speak their language. I spend a lot of time smiling and nodding.


I think this picture is so cute of Aunt Deb - it captures her enthusiasm.
 
                                                                                                                 Jenny

                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment