OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

May 1st

 I scrolled through past years' photos on or as close to May 1st as I downloaded photos and I thought it was funny that the theme was the same - the garden, baby chicks, and little helpers getting dirty. Then there are several sleeping, tired photos. I love spring!

I didn't remember, but we built our first two garden beds in 2010, so Julia was turning four.


Elijah turned two that summer -



Here is Tori and Julia in 2011 helping plant; they would have been almost five and 6.5.


This is 2012 when we planted my Mother's Day roses -


We also attempted strawberry plants in pallets that year, but the grass and weeds were too strong of a force.


Here is Tori and Julia in 2013, age 8 and almost 6, still planting and watering.



The baby chick pictures look pretty much the same year to year, but here is a batch in 2013.


Lastly, a photo of Elijah last year after a good day in the sun and a fresh bath. I need to get my camera out the next few days and capture Selah, Elijah and Bella in the garden; they are hard little workers!

No comments:

Post a Comment