OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Last Weekend

 My delay in blogging this time was my stupid computer - it had a few things fail on it that caused it to be down a few days. While JD fixed those items, it still runs so slowely that I think it's virus may be deadly. I did, however, manage to download a few pictures from last weekend.

We hosted Alyssa's 16th birthday party on Saturday; I was so thankful for beautiful weather after a full week of rain.

People people everywhere - in the front, in the back, upstairs, downstairs. It was a really nice get together.




We had a cook out and a Sunday bar since Alyssa isn't a big fan of cake.


 The guest of honor feeding her friend; we like to provide full service at our parties!

Alyssa, Joy and Olivia

After getting close to 20 people to church on time the next morning and all the girls returned to their correct homes, we headed to a neighboring county to pick up our COW. Yes, we bought a cow.

The kids love playing with our friend's kids there.


Thankfully the resident boys know how to handle cows, because honestly, we know next to nothing. We are kind of the "jump into farming" sort of people.


Ours is the black one - the browns are her mom and brother


 We did not bring the cow home yet, we just bought her and then delivered her to a lovely pasture at another farm to spend some quality time with a bull. We may not know much, but we do know that a milk cow can not make milk until a calf is born. That blessed event should be in roughly nine months.

The site at the bull farm was so fast unfolding that I did not get my camera out. We backed right into the pasture and struggled to get the cow out. She shot right out of the trailer, but about 20 cows came rushing to meet the new cow. It was a little unnerving to see them all rushing towards us. We left the kids in the van for safety reasons, but Elijah cracked the window and said, "I'm definitely not getting out with those bulls - I have red Crocs on!" Wise boy.

I'd love to tell you that the girls were admiring our new cow in the horse trailer, but it was not so.


They were in horror of how much poop a cow can produce in an hour and a half. Cow's poop reputation obviously is true, ( I guess I know enough about cows to also know that their poop has a reputation.)


We had fun after trailer cleaning though; we got the goats out, played Frisbee and the kids swam in their clothes.

Fiona and Kylie the dogs feel the need to keep a close eye on the baby goats.

I attended Tori and Julia's end of the year parties this week. Julia did a presentation all about her and ate snacks with her friends. 


Tori had a 4th grade cook out that Bella attended with me. The last day of school is tomorrow and I am hoping to blog about my project the last few days.

Tori - end of 4th grade



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your cow adventure!! The poop---just wait till it happens while you're milking =), and the pee will splash alllllll over you, just a friendly warning. Ours poop or pee about once a week during milking. It's fun, too, when they have lounged in poop overnight, and you get to wash the crusty stuff off before milking....just being real.
    Although the poop reaaaally stinks, I was surprised to learn the cows themselves do not. I can pet and rub our cows, and my hand does not stink like after petting the dogs.

    ReplyDelete