OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

4th of July

 Happy 4th of July! We have spent the day working around the house and are preparing to head to a cook out and fireworks; the problem is that it is raining cats and dogs. I am writing (in my head) a post on all my organizing and furniture swapping around the house. I am also writing (in my head) a post about my garden and my first tiny batch of canning. Finally, I am writing (in my head) a blog post about the kids and swim team. Maybe I will get at least one of these out of my head and onto the computer in the next few days.

But for now, Alyssa sent this picture today of her overlooking the ruins of Machu Picchu. She also included the text, "I'm about to try guinea pig and alpaca! Machu Picchu was amazing." I later received the photo of the fried guinea pig that somehow still resembled a guinea pig; it made me throw up a bit in my mouth.

My brave, brave Alyssa - check out those awesome ruins in the background!

1 comment:

  1. She is brave. I always arrive home after travels a few pounds lighter than when I left. I'm not food adventurous at all!!

    ReplyDelete