OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Running Late

 So, while everyone else posts their cute kid pictures on 10-31 or at worst 11-01, I am slapping them up on 11-06-15 before I head out of town for the third weekend in five weeks! I wouldn't bother, other than we had one of our best costume years for Harvest Party, so I want to remember them.

I dressed my three little people as minions. My plan was to buy overalls at a thrift store, but after trying about eight stores in two states, there seems to be some national conspiracy to rid our country of the 1980's overall phenomenon. Instead, I purchased suspenders and painted their shirts.




They are very "miniony" - wouldn't you agree?


Tori wanted to be a lumber-jack. She wanted to paint Mooster blue and haul her along as Paul Bunyan's blue ox, but that was a bit too impractical.


Julia was Dr. Julia, ER doctor -


 The big kids really got into it this year. Moriah and Alayna were loofas -



And Alyssa and her friend Jordan were Peter Pan and Peter Pan's shadow - yes, Alyssa is the shadow. She really enjoyed herself.


And the littlest cutie of all was Nathan as a sock monkey -


Hope they don't expect this much effort again next year; it'll be back to the usual "pick something from the costume box!"


1 comment:

  1. Great job! The loofas are hilarious. And the shadow--very creative.
    I hope your weekend away is great!

    ReplyDelete