OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Three Years Home

 Over the stairs I have 11 frames with individual pictures of the kids. I got the brilliant idea to update them back in the spring with canvasses. I now realize that it really wasn't that great of an idea, because you can't just swap canvasses and put the older ones in a photo album, as is my current practice. Anyway, in the spring, I did a Gabriel and Alayna, an Alyssa and a Bella update picture. The other eight pictures are now old and not matching. Yesterday was beautiful, so I asked Moriah to just get a good picture of at least one child for me to update. She took Selah out, with Bella for good measure. (Sadly, I mailed the girl's three year updates to the adoption agency yesterday right before these pictures were taken and they are so much more current and cute!) 

Here are two of Selah's I like -



And two of the girls together. It's amazing that three years has past since they became sisters and joined our family. They have been an amazing addition!


1 comment:

  1. You're doing better than me! There are no pictures on the walls that include our 2 2011 kids! Oh no, I've just told the world I'm a horrible mom. But I see them everyday, so, ya know, who needs pictures on the wall=0 I don't feel like we've had a "normal" year since then for life to slow down and allow me to think about things like that.
    I like the 2nd pic=), and I can't believe we've been bloggy friends that long!

    ReplyDelete