OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Our Saturday

I started the morning by cleaning and moving the goat milking station to the paved stall; I'm excited about animals not being in there except at milking time so that it will stay cleaner. JD is doing taxes (no judgment here, yes, they are still 2015 taxes on an extension), but he wanted a break and to do something outside in the nice weather, so started extending our parking spaces along the circle that we recently cleared. Since we are having weekly MMA at our house (and the reality that a few, like three!, of us have hit one vehicle into another in our very own driveway), we knew that more practical parking had to be added.

So, JD started scraping and removing top soil. Nathan "Face Timed" us and I let him watch Granddad a bit; he has the cutest expression when he is amazed and intently watching. He will be here in a few weeks to ride the tractor with Grandad! After a bit, JD decided that he and Elijah needed to make the voyage for gas about 1.5 miles away. Shortly after they left, as I am covered in cobwebs in the barn, I receive the SOS call that they ran out of gas with the tractor.

I load gas cans and drive down the road to find this -


It's good to have fun while you are broken down on the side of the road.



We went and filled the gas cans and I deposited them back off at the tractor. I then headed to recycling because that is about the only place I could go and not insult people with by barn cleaning attire.

Once I got back home, and was back at work, I received the second call that there must be something wrong beyond gas because it broke down again on the way home from the gas station. This time was about 50 feet from the turn to our road and still in the major highway. James found tow ropes and we towed the beast of a tractor home.


That didn't slow JD down much, he as a backup tractor and went right back to work.


Today I got my first peek at the baby guineas that hatched last week and are following the flock around. While the guineas and I are still not on the best of terms, it is so cute to see 7-8 fluffy babies following the momma around.


Here's another thing that is such a blessing this time of year - the garden. I usually end of completely neglecting it once school starts, but every week I go out and there is still so much to pick. I did weed some today and want to plant one or two fall crops, we will see, I say that every year....


The parking is about done; we are going to have crush and run dumped. See how it extends beyond the circle?


Should really help since the circle can remain clear!


                                                                             Jenny


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Elijah could have pushed that tractor all the way home if he wanted to=). I'm jealous, we wanted to get new driveway gravel this year, but it's not gonna happen. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete