OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Weekend Wonder

My life has been a whirlwind. We finished up our last week of Classical Conversations and I had three kids in my class test for memory master (if you don't know what that is, trust me you would be impressed!) I met with them and tested them before our last class on Tuesday. Wednesday, we did our Amish run and finished up meeting for our last goat - a second buck, named Duke. Thursday, JD and I had to be in Richmond all day, (my sister took child-care duty). Friday evening we had a wedding dress rehearsal for a family friend's wedding that Alei was maid of honor, (my sister and her friend took child-care duty again.) Yesterday, we did the wedding about an hour away and I left the children in care of Moriah, her boy-friend, Chris, and Chris' best friend home from college for the weekend. I came home to kids in bed and no on complaining, so that was awesome. Today my sister is again covering childcare in the afternoon, while JD and I go to a retirement party, and then Alyssa will take over for the evening while JD and I go to a meeting. 

134a1d6ed3d35a435daa91e3615b05f0

Next weekend, we have family camp and I decided after that that I am going to schedule spring cleaning into my calendar. I enjoy people, and my friends even more, but I love the days that the kids and I stay home and I feel like we catch up on all the things to do around here.

JD has not been working on the garage since he fell off a ladder and sprained his ankle, so I have convinced him to do the taxes (not an easy task - convincing, I'm speaking of; I'm sure the taxes are even worse). The last few years, he has filed an extension and we are on that bad cycle. I'm hoping they get done before he heads off on travel.

Back to the wedding, I had a friend tell me about this barn venue about a year ago and it has intrigued me. It was awesome to go and see it in action. I know it's crazy, but the idea is in my realm of interest with our large Amish barn.

JD and I heading out for the wedding - 

 
 Have a wonderful Sunday! 

                                                                                               Jenny

 

1 comment:

  1. I like the multi-tasking quote--suits me perfectly. Ya'll look great! Our world has been crazy busy too, but by the end of the day I can't even remember what we did that morning---much less blog about it.

    ReplyDelete