OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Spring Days

Life is full and happy. Our friends are plentiful and wonderful and I am so thankful that we have put down roots here and do life with so many others.

My dear friend, Tonya, got married last Saturday. Here the children are helping with the aftermath organization. 


Sunday we had a church plant prayer get-together. We are doing a church plant in our community out of the larger current church we attend about 30 miles away. It will officially be a church this fall, but participating in the getting it off the grounds is exciting.


We had a Richmond doctor appointment, followed by our usual Chick Fil A lunch.


This is Ms. Jane, who was a neighbor of ours back in the neighborhood before we moved to play farmer. She has also moved, but we were thrilled to go visit her. She asked if I could bring a goat or two, so I loaded up Agnes and Alice.They took a nap on us and then enjoyed the fenced backyard.


See their grass? It doesn't matter where they live, the grass always looks like this. It is probably my largest coveting struggle when I come home and stare at my grass. The goats had a hard time finding a single weed, but they did nibble the pine trees and played on the hill.   



Today the youngest three and I hung out at the river while Julia was in an appointment across the street. I love this age - give them some running water and a few rocks and they are so happy! They don't even have phones to distract them! I'm enjoying it while I can!





 Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment