OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Prep

Christmas is coming, ready or not. My shopping was super easy this year. There is a large surprise coming and the children haven't a clue. Due to that, however, I told them that they were each getting two gifts and they couldn't put in any requests. It has been the best year every for me - I wrapped in a very short time a few afternoons ago. 

Alyssa has been the gingerbread baker the last several years, so she came yesterday before work and made them and today before work for decorating. It's nice to not have to do everything anymore. (I never clean up for photos, so the coats all over the chairs were drying after washing!)






we don't do hair for pictures either!


Aside from the gift, Alei and I are hitting the road on Saturday morning for a mission. Since rehoming Chewy the donkey, I have been shown several pictures like this - 


That is a local coyote (shot from a deer stand). Since they have been caught on the field camera behind my barn, and my goats are potential targets, I decided to get a livestock guard dog. 
   
This is my still-unnamed Great Pyrenees. She is currently living in the west part of the state, guarding chickens and alpacas. She was attacked as a small puppy by a pit bull, so has one non-functioning eye. She is also bullied by the other dogs that she lives with. So, I feel like I am saving her and she will in turn save my goats for me.  Speaking of goats, Leia is looking very pregnant and I think we will have at least January babies, so getting the dog here and settled now is the right move. 
 

So much for me not wanting to have a 4th dog on the vet circuit....

I'll have some new pictures and an update on Saturday.

Jenny







1 comment:

  1. Yay for big kids!! I love not having to "do it all" too.
    Yay for GP's, ours were both boys, so your adventure will be interesting to hear. Merry Christmas my friend=)

    ReplyDelete