OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Lost and Found

The last three days have been a bit tough, once I went out to the barn on New Years morning and discovered that Montana had escaped from the fence and was gone. That whole day consisted of searching the woods around the house, like over 100 acres, and putting lost dog flyers and posters around town. We had over 560 shares on Facebook alone, so everyone had their eyes peeled for Montana. 

By the third day, I contacted Great Pyrenees rescues and animal shelters all over the state. That evening she walked out of the woods behind a neighbors house and they called us immediately.  

She seemed happy to see us, but I still don't know if she would have come home on her own or not. 
 

Thinking that maybe she got through the one gate that doesn't have goat fencing, I put her in the smaller fenced area this morning. She was right back out! She has enjoyed the snow with the kids!







We are in the middle of a bit of snow storm, but JD drove to Lowe's and got boards and wire to extend a part of the 4' fence into an 8' fence to ensure she doesn't get lost again while we go to Florida. After that, we are going to have a very large invisible fence installed around house, garage, barn and chicken coop area that I truly hope keeps her home. 

On the crazy topic of animals, I have a surprise moving to the farm after our Florida trip - you wouldn't guess this one. Also, remember the pregnant cat I brought home on Black Friday? (Honestly, I don't remember if I ever blogged that story or not.) Her name is Friday and I guess she is pregnant, but we still have no kittens. My sister, who typically doesn't enjoy animals, has taken a liking to Friday and is taming her nicely. This is her "keep Friday from hiding under the bed" look - I think it's working.



Jenny







1 comment:

  1. Montana--love it! Our GP's always roamed,but had certain "routes" they patrolled, always about the same time of day. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete