OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Pre-4th

 The good news? My Colorado kids and grand-baby came to visit! The bad news? It's HOT and our AC is not working!!! We are on round two of no AC this summer due to the slowness of the warranty and ordering parts for a geo-thermal unit. The first round was 2.5 weeks and this round we are at 3.5 weeks. We obviously are not going to be able to count on them for timely repairs, but are just trapped this round until the part comes in and it's fixed. I won't even go into the long version of the story, but my "favorite" is when the lady told me I wasn't a priority because it was 82 degrees the day I spoke to her, never mind it was 97 just a few days before that when it was out. 

At this point, we have installed a larger window unit in the living room and have a few smaller units about the house, but the kids still all sleep on the living room floor and the Coloradians are sleeping in the nice AC of the camper.

Yesterday, Gabriel and I hit the pool with the kids - Nathan turned 3 in February and his new baby brother is due in September. 

sometimes the suit creeps down in the back but snacks should still be the focus





I will get some pictures today of us in our red, white and blue, but I must head out early to tend to the animals and garden. Yesterday I managed to be rather sun-sick by evening; apparently I didn't drink enough water to compensate for my time in the sun. 

Don't forget to fill your llama's wading pool - it's hot!



No comments:

Post a Comment