OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, November 26, 2018

Waiting on Wedding Pictures


I'm anxious to show wedding pictures - it was a beautiful day! The pictures aren't back yet, understandably, and I did not even keep my phone with me on the wedding day, except for a few quick text checks. I am showing about everything on my phone. These are the flower pictures that I took - the top one  was actually Alyssa's bouquet before it was modified by removing lillys and adding several variety of white flowers.

The other ones were decorating flowers -




Here is the rehearsal held the night before, I am not sure the joke about the hats, but there was one!


Two bridesmaids, including Tori, couldn't be there for rehearsa, so we had Julia and Selah stand in for them.


Alyssa and Joseph front and center -


Gabriel, James and Nathan flew from CO for the wedding; Gabriel and James were great help and Nathan took his ring-bearer responsibilities very seriously. This was taken on one of our early morning "super snuggles". He is such a sweet boy and loves his visits to Virginia!


Moriah made this huge sign which leaned against a tree on the way in.


We did first look pictures and half the pictures before the wedding to maximize the light. This was Selah and Nathan watching from the bridal sweet.



I will be sharing "real" pictures as soon as I have them. Beyond that, we had family here for the next two days, and while I didn't remember to take pictures to prove it, I did make them cookies.


We had to put our tree up two days before Thanksgiving, because JD and Elijah left for CO on Black Friday and we didn't want to do it without them, or wait a full week for them to return. 



Alaska, Selah and Fiona - 
 


 You can see how helpful the dogs are -it's like a maze to get around their huge selves.


We had a pretty low-key Thanksgiving with just our family, but lots of yummy food!


 JD and Elijah left for CO on Friday to see the clan out west and meet the new sweet baby, Samuel.


As a huge, life-defining moment for Elijah, Gabriel was able to get them tickets to the Bronco/Steeler football game, along with passes to be on the field with the team before the game. I can't imagine that Elijah, who already has a reputation for talking, is going to stop talking about this from now until Christmas!

JD, Elijah, Gabriel, Nathan and James
The girls and I went on a feral cat rescue mission at Kings Dominion last night. We didn't come home with them but are on the list to be called if they need a home. I guess there are 8 "kittens" that need to be placed before they close for New Year. I told them to put me at the bottom of the list because I don't actually want any more cats, nor the bills that come with them, but I'll be there is they don't have other options.

King's Dominion did a huge, beautiful Winter Wonderland this year. Here is Selah and Bella with a Christmas moose. 


I bought a new nativity last year and the picture to go with it, after using one for 10 years that the wise men were missing their hands. I think some greenery and the piano will be perfect for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment