OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, January 26, 2019

January

 I'm pretty excited,  because we are about to finally get Alyssa's wedding pictures back. In the meantime, I'm going to rehash a few events since Christmas. Elijah became quite sick on December 27th. JD took him to Urgent Care where he tested positive for the flu, but negative for strep. His sore throat was the worst thing about his illness and he suffered another four days before they called to say that the strep actually was positive also. So the poor kid didn't move off this couch for eight days, yet no one else ever got either illness. We missed the last few fun Christmas events we had planned, but we still enjoyed the Christmas season immensely. When I took down the trees, I left up a strand of lights and a Nativity and the snowmen on the fireplace. I guess they can all come down this weekend as well. 


January 13-14th was the anniversary of the puppies being born and our departure for Disney last year. Alaska is truly the definition of a gently giant and he has no idea what people are talking about when they inquire as to if he guards the goats. 



Alei's dog, Lucca is only a week younger and still Alaska's buddy. However, since Lucca has 10 times the energy, Alaska often has to be firm when he tells Lucca that he's done playing and needs a nap. 



Considering Moriah now has a part-time dog and Lucca comes for occasional day-care, we often have seven dogs here. It can be a bit crowded and hairy. As you can see, everyone has adjusted and we all love and accommodate them. It sure wasn't a planned event to have this many dogs! Oh, and of course, the one resident cat that isn't ruffled at all by all the dogs. 



We have a no big dog on the furniture rule, so you can see Kylie enjoys her privilege as a small dog. 


 Last Sunday was a very rough day. I went to the barn to find Leia, my first female Nigerian, down. She was obviously in rough shape, so the goat vet came out right away. The short story is that I had him also come back late that night to try some heroic measures, but we lost her. He isn't sure what the cause, but the excessive rain and mud has been a huge struggle this winter because parasites thrive in the wet conditions. 

My goats are much more than goats to me, they are pets. Leia would have been six in May and I don't feel like she had ever fully recovered from delivering quads last January. This may be my last year breeding any of the goats, breeding is when more problems arise and I just want them to live happy lives. 

This kitty, Tally, is one of my two barn cats that were dumped at the end of my driveway over 10 years ago and she has always loved the goats! 


My next blog is going to be this week's birthdays - we have three in a row in January. Then, the big news is the garage and apartment reveal - it is finally only days from done!!! In the meantime, my office is almost complete, as well as JD's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment