OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, October 10, 2020

School These Days

This year Classical Conversations has been held at a local winery, in place of our usual church, since they are closed down due to Corona. The plan was for a just a few weeks, then the church would re-open. So far the church has not reopened and we may be homeless by next month. We have gone from very hot days the first two weeks of the school year to pretty cold at 8 a.m. in the morning. After 10 or so, the weather has been perfect and we have only had rain once. I have a canopy, chairs, blankets, you name it, for school in the field these days and it all just lives in the back of the Yukon. Our poor teacher has her board blown over, the dry-erase markers working poorly on cold mornings, etc, but so far everyone is still learning and won't these days be a crazy story for the next generation! I can hear it now, "did I ever tell you about when I was young and Corona came to town?"


Our "family" table includes our friends and neighbors, as we are around them all the time anyway. Yes, Elijah was cold; he just doesn't have any meat on his bones! I run my laptop off my hot spot and do my own classes, other than Latin time - I pay attention then or I'd have no hope at homework help time!

Our dining room table is just one big school table these days with books and a cat, (a bad cat that shouldn't be on the table) from one end to the other.  


My classes are demanding! I just have to remind myself that it's just one school year, mostly...it will actually be part of next year also. Honestly, the years fly by though so I'm just putting in my long days and getting it done! Oliver is here on Thursdays while Alyssa does her internship. This is his snuggles (taken by Moriah) when he woke up from his nap. Alyssa says she will come and stay with my kids next summer while I do two days a week at my internship! 


Here is my other working spot - the passenger seat at  basketball, the dentist, you name it. I have figured out to move to the passenger side to have more laptop room!


Lastly, Oliver loves books and often when he is missing, he has climbed into the rocking chair with his books. Such a sweet little boy that is just not a baby anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment