OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Early Morning Routine

Like it or not, we have developed a very strict early morning routine around here. Once Elijah wakes me up (and Julia is generally already up,) I put my tea water on to boil. If I'm really lucky, I can make the actual cup of tea, but usually I just pour it over the tea bag to brew. By this time, Elijah is already jumping up and down to go bye-bye bunnies vroom-vroom ( go on the 4-wheeler to see bunnies) and is carrying around the keys.



At this point, Julia has selected a tupper-ware to pick blackberries at the end of the road. So, I load the two little guys on the 4-wheeler while we are all still in our pajamas and head out. We drive vroom-vroom to the end of the road where we generally see three to five wild rabbits munching grass. Then we drive around the corner to where the wild blackberries are ripe and ready; we pick enough to put on that morning's cereal and yogurt.


On the way home, we normally pass my neighbor walking her dog. It's always a bit embarrassing as we hardly ever see her later in the day when we actually look fit to be out of the house.

Once we make it home, we walk out and water the garden. The last few days, there has been the first few cucumbers and tomatoes to pick as well.


I'm the most excited about the cantaloupe. I only planted seven plants, but it looks like we are going to have lots and lots of yummy cantaloupes.

By the time we are done in the garden, the rest of the kids are generally getting up and we can start our day.

1 comment:

  1. Your gardens are pretty! I must admit that I just put my tomatoes in yesterday (I learned last year that they will still do pretty well, even with procrastination). I keep thinking some year I'd like to do a larger garden with more variety, but we live in a city development. I like how you have yours edged...I'm going to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete