OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Outside Distractions

The weather has been so perfect that we all have been a bit distracted from school-work and house-work. I'm even worse than the kids; I'd rather stare at my garden than hit the books inside. It's so funny, because I remember thinking my mother was one boring person, hanging out in the backyard pulling weeds in her garden. Now I get it! Thankfully, I have at least a few kids who are as excited about my garden as I am!

Here's some shots proving that we have been having more fun than the public schoolers the last few days (yes, school is still in where I live.)

Ben and Tori on the home-made water slide.


James -


Alyssa -


Kitty Kaden -

Elijah on vroom-vroom. We seriously go on 3-4 ATV rides a day.

Ben on the slip-and-slide -


Elijah threatening the chickens with a swat. He does the same thing with Julia, which causes her to scream extra loud!

Lastly, Julia taking Elijah on a walk.

I'm figuring that it's going to get hot enough in a month or so that none of us will want to be out during the middle of the day. That will be a perfect time to finish up those waiting books. I must be getting easier going in my old age, because I would have never gone for that idea five years ago.

4 comments:

  1. i almost bought a slip & slide the other day. and i agree with you about getting in the garden. isnt it the most rewarding thing? you know that it will provide for your family very wonderfully good to eat things! we got 3 cherry tomatoes today & the cucumbers are starting to come in! we have had them 2 nights in a row! so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when we can be outside. It is the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny, what cute pictures:) Home-made water slides, what a cute idea. Ben and Tori are darling; so are the others.Have fun=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenny, my name's Becky; I found your blog through my friend Kristen. Your little kids are just adorable:)It's great to see more people have adopted from Liberia! I've got 2 from Liberia, an Ethiopian, and 2 chinese. What a tremendous blessing you are. Have a great day=)

    ReplyDelete