OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Funny Girls

Last night when I had Julia in the bathtub, she said three things that really made me laugh. Due to the fact that I'm getting old and I didn't write them down right away, I can only remember one. Because of something she said, I told her that she was smart. She replied, "I'm smart because I'm not upid-sta." I recognized her pig-Latin term and asked her where she heard that. She just laughed and told me that "upid-sta means dumb."

That reminds me of several years back, Alyssa told people that we studied pig Latin for our home-schooling language. I had to correct her that it was just Latin - no pig!

My Tori funny story of the day happened tonight at the church picnic, baptism and swim. The kids were lined up going on the diving board. Tori took her first turn ever - she jumped and was swimming straight to the side, when the life-guard got concerned and jumped in for her. I told the life-guard that she was fine, but she told Tori that she needed to jump, come up for a breath and then swim to the side. Tori looked at her seriously and said, "but I don't like to breathe.

Just for fun, here's a picture of the two of them together two years ago. They were one and 2 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment