OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Party's On

The sickies are better; although Elijah did start the nasty "Tori" cough last night. Although I had smothered his feet in Vick's, I still had to break down and give him "real" cough syrup; after that he settled in between JD and I and slept all night. I wish I had a picture when I awoke in the night to him perfectly up-side-down with his feet on the pillow. Whatever, it was still the best night of sleep I've had in a week.

So, I have things to do for tonight's party. Teens don't seem to be very good at RSVPing so I don't know if we'll have 30 kids or 60 kids, but it'll be fun either way. I'm preparing food for the masses (with Moriah's help - she's my best kitchen help.)

We are off to Food Lion for the grape sale. Pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment