OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Alpaca Trip

Due to my over-loaded brain, I realized yesterday that I scheduled an Alei doctor appointment and an alpaca field trip both for 10:00 this morning. Thankfully, JD moved his Monday meetings to Tuesday, so he was able to take Alei for me. The really great news is that Alei has been free of back pain since she got cortisone shots about a month ago.

The youngest six kids and I headed to the alpaca farm. They had different stations with different activities, but the kids still worked in a little running and playing time. Julia can run and run; seriously, she runs by the big kids when they ride their bikes and doesn't struggle much to keep up.
Elijah heard alpaca farm and thought "back-pack" farm. He's been asking for a back-pack for at least a month now and thought we were going to pick one out on a farm for him. Wouldn't you know that the thrift store had two darling little girl back-packs and not one fit for a boy. (They are hiding in the closet until I find one for him, so he won't have a jealousy issue.) Anyway, the alpacas were exciting enough to distract him from the lack of back-packs.
There was one sweet baby alpaca that enjoyed the children's attention.
There were also alpaca items to purchase. Elijah, as many of you know by now, has a bit of a fetish for gloves. Check these bad-boys out, made from alpaca fiber, with pictures of alpacas! He was one happy boy and only took them off to eat dinner. They are super soft, but I'm quite sure they aren't designed for the wear and tear he has already inflicted on them just today.
Tonight he told me that he wanted to go back to "paca" farm and buy two brown ones. He always points out that we need to buy two.

The kids got to work with some of the fiber. It made me wish I knew how to knit, until I thought of all the other things I'd love to do if I had more time.

Last, but never least, Elijah got to sit (and stand) on the tractor. It's amazing how a tractor is always a thrill!

Aside from the alpaca farm and school, I actually managed to re-do Tori's hair and finish the summer/winter clothes change-over. Now I'm going to work on a list of who actually needs what to survive the winter. I think I'm taking several girls shopping at the outlet mall this weekend in honor of Moriah's 13th birthday, so I can work on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment