OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Catch- Up Thursday

I have been so behind on house-hold chores all week, but there is hope since we are rained out of soccer tonight! I'm actually making progress, I may even get to those piles of winter clothes in the storage room that are waiting to be swapped for the summer clothes still in the drawers. We made a quick trip to the base thrift store this morning on our way to grocery shopping in the pouring rain; always fun with five kids in tow. I often get good deals on kid clothes and shoes there and today was no exception.

Here's Tori sitting right next to me working on her math.

She's sporting these cute little slippers we got today.

Julia scored a Tinkerbell costume for $2; $2 is the max I will pay for a costume, I'm not even kidding. They are just too much of a waste of money when I have 11 people to buy real clothes for. She was forced to wear it for hours with the new brown boots we bought because Elijah is equally fond of the purple plastic shoes that I bought Julia to go with it.

Julia has begged for these shoes for months and was thrilled to find them today, but look whose wearing them to "go bye-bye to work." Elijah tells me that he's going bye-bye work, kisses me and heads off to the next room on his favorite green tractor.

He apparently thinks the purple high-heels are a perfect shoe for a farmer. Oh, and he colored his toe-nails with an orange marker earlier in the day. The poor boy spends a lot of his day in the company of girls!

I'm quite sure that in a few years he isn't going to be happy with this post!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Of course purple pumps are perfect for tractor riding. That is what everyone is wearing.

    ReplyDelete