OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

This Morning

Last night we had our 2nd "adoptive moms support group meeting." Although it sounds official, in reality it's a few adoptive moms I know eating and talking at Panara Bread until they close and throw us out. It's nice to be in the company of similar moms of large, adoptive families. On the way last night, I stopped and bought a rotary cutter and board to cut out Elijah's tractor quilt. It turns out that things have changed since I made my last quilt in 1997 and scissors aren't good enough for the job these days. I bought the cutter and board and was dying to try them out this morning. Since I woke up a little earlier than usual and no children were up, I intended on just cutting out one or two of the fabrics. Next thing I know, it was 11:00 and I was still cutting away in my pajamas with children eating, doing school and "helping" all around me. I finally had to pack it up and focus on what I needed to be doing. I have a hard time setting things aside when I'm enjoying the progress I'm making. (It's always nice to have a cat "hair up" a project before it's even finished!)

I did have some enthusiastic "ironers" however; I originally enlisted Alyssa for the job, but the boys came along and insisted on an equal opportunity.

Moriah took it upon herself to teach Julia to write her name a few nights ago; I'm taking all the help I can get right now, so I was thrilled with the progress. Each morning, Julia says, "how do you spell my name again?" Once she is reminded, she sings it enough times that she should have it down any day now.


I'm short a tiny bit of fabric on Elijah's quilt according to the pattern; however the size of this quilt is quite a bit bigger than my other crib/toddler quilts, so I'll see if I decrease the size or make another trip to the fabric store.

1 comment:

  1. How GREAT! Can't wait to see the quilt when its finsihed.

    ReplyDelete