OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tis the Season for Lots of Sugar

To continue from yesterday...we did get Julia's hair finished. It involved LOTS of whining and crying AND I really didn't do a good job. It's all fuzzy and messy and already looks like it needs to be redone. All in all, a major hair disaster. I'm revisiting the idea of doing tiny braid locs in her hair since doing her hair is both a miserable experience for her and me! I'll be weighing that as an option after Christmas.

I had a plan of making Christmas cookies today, but were blessed with tons of sweets from two of JD's sisters last night. We are having far more variety than I've ever made in my life!

And lo and behold, Aunt Cyndi whipped up a fresh gingerbread house for the kids. We had a debate about eating it, but honored Aunt Cyndi's wishes and let the kids eat it after lunch today. It was so cute!

Elijah choose a gingerbread man from the front.

The house is now just a bare shell. It makes me kind of sad, but the kids sure enjoyed themselves; I guess that's what it really is about. Thank you Aunt Bonnie and Aunt Cyndi!


We are still going to make and decorate cookies for our neighbors.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about putting Christiana's into locs once it grows in too. I have lots of questions about it and wonder how it really looks in person. I wondered if it was an acceptable hair style for little girls. Lots to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair looks beautiful, but at what cost to you and her? I was reading an article the other day about African American women and hair and how the standard for long, straight hair has been forced on them and they go through hours and tons of money and pain to try to get this long standard. In the end of the article, there were a couple woman who wanted to show their daughters that they didn't have to have all this pain to have beautiful hair. So they cut their hair and have gone natural. It might be something to look into. The braids are cute, but are they worth it?

    ReplyDelete