OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Keeping Up

My summer just does not have the relaxed feel to it that one hopes for in a summer! The problem is that since we are doing swim team and school all summer, I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day repeating the swim and school cycle day in and day out. I guess the regular school year cycle fluctuated more since we had co-op some days, soccer others; this is swim, school, swim, school. I'm just hoping to finish school by the end of July and have a few weeks off in August. We just found out that Classical Conversations, the new homeschool co-op in our area that I'm sending Alyssa to, starts the middle of August even before our scheduled vacation. That makes me look forward to next summer already!

My computer decided that it can't stay on; it just powers itself down as soon as you boot it up. This is a problem since so much of my life is on there. I guess it's going to have to go to the computer doctor, but it makes me want to be more diligent to save my pictures elsewhere also, so I never lose them in a future computer crises. Pictures of my kids has to rank as my greatest "possession"

So you won't be bored reading a picture less post, I present to you - chicken feeding hour. Check out those stupid guineas that fly in for feeding time. They are supposed to be munching on ticks outside.

On the note of chickens, everything we give Elijah to eat he says, "yum, tastes like chicken." So even brownies get the response of, "yum, tastes like chicken."

No comments:

Post a Comment