OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Pleasing Julia

 To say that Julia is super-demanding is generous. Thankfully, she is also super loving, super cute and super funny; otherwise, it would be difficult to take. There are about 100 situations a day that Julia is committed to controlling and doesn't let up until it's done her way. This morning, as we were rushing to eat breakfast and get out the door to swim team, she spied a "bug" up on the wall.  She insisted that it immediately be taken care of. James, who for some reason kindly puts up with her often unreasonable demands, got the fly swatter and mounted a bar stool to attempt to reach the "bug" on our high ceiling. Once he was up there, he declared that it wasn't a bug at all, but chocolate. This is one of those times that I ask the very stupid question, (yes, there are stupid questions.....I hear them all the time) "how did chocolate get all the way up there?" I heard the normal chorus of "I don't know" that often makes me wonder if anyone ever actually observes anything in our house.

In an attempt to get out the door, I replied with my traditional answer, "we will worry about that later, let's get in the van."



But what was Julia's new demand? She wanted a picture standing on the bar stool like James. So, we took one and doesn't her little attitude come shining through?



When we decided to adopt Julia, we actually said, "seven or eight, what difference does it make?" Believe me, friends, it makes a difference with Julia! She's never been quiet in the shadows and I don't think she ever will be. 

(She has asked me to help her trace a fairy ( I did) and make her dip ( I gave her plain tortilla chips - no dip) in the short time it took me to scratch out this post! That's my baby girl!) 

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute with that little “I’m darling” smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so my question/comment has nothing to do with Julia, bugs, chocolate, but maybe it has to do with stupid questions...what have you been canning? I see something yummy on the counter in the James picture that looks like you've been up to some canning these days! Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete