OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baby Bambi

You know the deer that hangs out at my house every day? The one that is pretty tame and helps herself to my tomatoes on a daily basis? The other day we wondered if she had a spring baby. The very next day she decided to bring her baby to visit. Do you see the baby's head in the edge of the woods?


This picture was taken with no telephoto after we walked outside to see the baby closer, that's how comfortable she has become with us.


I've been super busy and pretty stressed. The deer's visit every day provides us all a moment that everyone becomes still and quiet and appreciates the nature around us. I think I'll feed her some corn this winter (and fence my garden next spring.)

2 comments: