OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, December 9, 2011

One Bite at a Time

If I had an assistant, she would also require an assistant to get done all the things that I need to do!  I am not sure why we keep beginning adoptions right before Christmas, but it definitely makes December even more challenging. I felt a huge sense of accomplishment today after we were fingerprinted, notarized a stack of paperwork, bought money orders and put it all together to send out for the criminal back-ground checks for my home-study. Once I walked in the door, my bubble was popped when the adoption agency called to let me know that I needed to review the 108 pages they just sent me and initial them. I was flabbergasted once I looked through the adoption agency requirements - I had no idea that the Hague could even come up with that many qualifications. One that jumped out at me is producing rabies certificates for all my pets; do cats that move into the barn without my permission and we can't touch get exemptions? I thought it was going to be tough to take the 11 of us for physicals and eye exams!

Here's our first round of papers leaving the local post office - 


How do you eat an elephant - one bite at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't think feral cats count as pets. We didn't produce vaccine records for the raccoons that raid our bird feeders either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! It is SO worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete