OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sign and Today

I read a sign today that said something like... "God put me on this earth to accomplish several things. I'm so far behind that I'm never going to die." It struck me funny, (or maybe it was the silly little cartoon guy in the picture.) Anyway, today we headed up to D.C. for our 2nd home study meeting, then we headed the opposite direction to buy Alei's new (only to us) car. After we got home, we had a small birthday celebration for Gabriel. 


The funny moment of the day was when the social worker was trying to get all the current children straight. She was having an even tougher time since the three Liberian children have different names on their birth certificates than what we call them. During that confusion, she asked what perimeters we wanted for our Ethiopian home study.  Since this is our 3rd home study, we've learned a few things and the first is to not to limit yourself by too restrictive numbers or ages as there is no way around it. So, JD told her that three children six or under ought to be fine. She literally laid her head on the table and laughed for a few seconds, then came back up and said that would be fine. Just to make her feel better, I told her that the only way I was coming home with three was if they offered us triplets - that would just be too hard to turn down!


Tomorrow I have to get busy on the police clearances and criminal background checks. Later there is also a federal one. Gabriel and Alei both have to be done on all of them as well and Moriah gets to join for the third. It wouldn't be so bad other than we get to pay for four to five people on each instead of two! 


As usual, I'm going to bed too late considering that I get up before the sun these days, so I'll be back tomorrow with some Gabriel birthday shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment