OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Real Women Take Their Daughters to the Dump

 I wanted to take advantage of the pretty weather today so I headed out to clean out the barn with a few helpers. I did everything but JD's shop, since I'm unable to identify most of the stuff in there. By the time I was finished, I had a very full load for the dump. I decided it made the most sense to just go ahead and take it. Since the boys were helping JD with the deck, I told Moriah and Alyssa that it was their lucky day and we loaded up. 


The three little guys never miss a dump run; I'm sure it has something to do with the sodas JD usually stops for. 



 At one point, Moriah, Alyssa and I just started laughing. For starters, I just look ridiculous driving the "truck with six wheels." I also have a terrible time backing up to the dump loading dock and had to have Moriah stand back there yelling directions. I had a horrible time removing the straps that JD had secured on; four trucks came and went next to us before we could unload. The dump guy made me unload the metal in a separate location, then I had recyclables (since I'm a good citizen) that had to be carted to recycling. Once we could start unloading the main load, Moriah threw something that flung a bunch of dirt in Alyssa's face and she was sputtering. Alyssa announced that she really wasn't cut out for this job; Moriah agreed that she wasn't either. 


Finally, we got it unloaded, stopped for sodas and headed home. 



The girls and I had fun but we aren't going to permanently take the weekly run from the boys!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, love the miss matched socks in the wedding shoes - cute.

    ReplyDelete