OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Linens, Carpet and Snow

Although we moved into our house 3 1/2 years ago, there are many things yet to be done. It's definitely a down-fall of being your own builder. We have a small towel cabinet in the master bath, but the two linen closets have been empty shells down-stairs until now. This has been my "linen closet" - you can imagine how convenient it has been!



JD finished the smaller of the two linen closets. This one is in the hall, the larger one is going to be in the bathroom.


We moved this old armoire in a few years ago when it was left by a renter. The doors were broken off, JD wood glued them back together and I unloaded my scrap-book stuff into it. I got to thinking that since the last serious scrap booking I did was before Tori came home over five years ago that I probably didn't have to keep my stuff that accessible, so the armoire is turning into a blanket cabinet. 


While I was working downstairs, Moriah started helping the boys clean out their shelves. I decided that if they were going to clean out, we might as well lay the carpet that's been waiting for their room. I then had them unload their room into the hall-way (in my way). JD was blessed with the job of trimming the carpet (which made him feel important). This isn't our long term carpet, just some freebie that we cut to room size and laid down without padding or installing. 


Much of both jobs is left for tonight, so I'll have to post completion pictures later. We had to take a break this morning to play in the only tiny snow of the year and we are still plugging along at school this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment