OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Garden Beginnings

 Last night I left these two capable young ladies inside to make dinner while a crew and I started outside in the garden. They prepared chicken for the grill (that JD cooked), corn bread and brownies. 


James, Ben, Julia and I worked on beds for our new strawberry plants. We took two old pallets and pounded out every other board to create a divided raised bed. After debating where to place them, I decided to put them along the edge of the area that we plowed for corn. After we created two for strawberries, the boys wanted to make their own little gardens, so I let them each do another one for whatever they want to plant and tend do. 



 Aren't they cute in there? I bought 12 plants and only nine fit comfortably, so now I have to go buy six more to fill the second palate. 


Julia then got to work with a little hammer and some small nails building Elijah a swing-set. Kids are great entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment