The first week of school was rather rough, primarily due to Moriah attending two classes at the high school. I have been on the road from 7 to 7:30 every morning driving her and then I only have 30 minutes to get Tori and Julia ready for school. JD should be able to resume normal work hours in about a week, and then he will relieve me of the morning run, which will make a huge difference in my mornings. Beyond the driving, it is Moriah's first experience in a class-room, which is also an adjustment. I placed her in the Honors English class and the teacher wasted no time piling on the homework; we are currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird out-loud for her class, it just happens to be one of my very favorites.
I think Tori and Julia are doing pretty well in their new classes. I'm not receiving much feed-back from either teacher yet, but I expect to as they are put in reading groups.
I decided that James and Ben are going to have to get up earlier and start working much earlier. I have been getting them up by 8, but they are seldom ready to school until 9:30. Since I'm back on the road to pick Moriah up at 10:30, there just isn't enough uninterrupted time. Starting Monday, they are going to be up by 7 and I'm expecting them to be ready for school by 8:00 when I return from the bus stop. Since they are James and Ben, I often have to remind them to get dressed, eat breakfast, do their chores, a few times each morning. I won't be doing that anymore; they are going to be ready by 8 or there won't be any privileges after school that day. I'm sure they will catch on rather quickly after a few painful days.
Elijah and I started Handwriting Without Tears. I'm going to start him in the Hooked on Phonics first book also, because he already knows all the sounds of the letters. He loves "writing" with the sponge on the little chalk-board.
So far, the adopting agency hasn't been able to submit Bella's packet to the Embassy because they need a letter from the Doctor explaining that a new lab is being sent to Kenya for analysis. For whatever crazy reason, the Dr. won't write the letter. So, this week I sent the clinic a request for an update and I have not heard back from them either. I really, really don't want this single piece of paper to delay the girls from coming home until November!