In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Saturday in a Nutshell

 Thursday was my original appointment for Julia with the "loc specialist". It was a bit of a disappointment since I took her out of school early and the lady did not show because she had left her phone at church and didn't remember the appointment. Since I liked her so much, I wanted to reschedule for the next week - but looking at my next week, I decided I had to cram it in late Friday afternoon. That made five days in a row for me to have major appointments away from home. Thankfully, she deep conditioned Julia's hair and got out about 80% of the tangles. I am going to start tightening the locs for 15 minutes every afternoon and hope that I can get through the other 20%, otherswise Julia will be back in short order. So much for locs being the easy option - it sure doesn't seem that way to me!

My Saturday was very simple. Corn-rows for Bella -

Corn-rows for Selah -

Corn-rows for Tori -

And then just for some exciting variety to my day, I cut Elijah's hair!

Can you imagine the free time I would have if I had adopted from China instead of Africa? Good thing I love the kids God gave me!

1 comment:

  1. I had another adoptive mom ask me once, "What was God thinking when he gave them such challenging hair?"

    I told her he was giving us an amazing opportunity to spend plenty of time bonding. :)