OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Girl Goat

 We had a pretty rough day around here yesterday. When we arrived home from morning swim practice, our sweet baby goat, Chewie, was dead in the yard. He was a bit of an escape artist and got out while we were gone and killed by a dog. We had several hours of crying and JD came home from work to help with the burial. I am never in a hurry to replace animals, but it isn't kind to have only one goat since they are herd animals, so I called the lady that I bought the goats from and met her this morning to purchase another one. She still had the female goat that I had originally considered (and didn't buy due to her price), so we now have a girl goat that I will breed next year. I didn't plan on breeding or milking this batch of goats, but I will at least do a round next year to recover the cost of the three goats this year. (For those of you wondering, I had a bad experience with a goat disease called CAE several years ago and was willing to pay extra to make sure that we were buying from a disease-free registered herd.)

May I introduce Princess Leia -


With her colors, she reminds me of a fawn.


Hans, who is supposed to be happy to have a companion goat, is making sure she knows that he is in charge.


We have lost so many animals in the eight years that we have played farmer - honestly, the goats are about my favorite and I pray these two live long and healthy lives.



We let the goats out while the kids swim since there is usually someone taking a swim break to pet them; otherwise, they just eat grass around the pool.


Selah loves to swim! I don't think that child has ever volunteered to get out of the pool. Bella, however,  will only "swim" if a big person is holding her.


Summer is flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment