OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

After Finding My Camera Cord I Can Post Pictures

 We took our annual pilgrimage to Kings Dominion. While we have fun, once a year is honestly enough for me. This year we smartened up to not make Moriah go, because she honestly doesn't enjoy anything that is walking in the heat and waiting in lines. Here's JD and our crowd of eight kids inhaling our donuts before we headed in.
 We stopped for the official 2013 picture right inside the gate. What is amazing (in a not so good way) is that we didn't have one wedding picture where all the kids look as pleasant as this one. For the wedding, I had to settle with the best picture with three kids looking miserable, but the one we snap at the amusement park is all smiles!


z
 This picture cracks me up because Bella is keeping an eye on the Charlie Brown and what's-her-name while Selah is all smiles. Elijah wouldn't even get as close as Bella did!
 
 Selah and Bella rode everything the park let them on. There were several rides that Elijah and Selah could ride that Bella didn't make the cut for, and she cried each and every time.
 This one the guy kindly suggested I step in as well. Note, no Bella or Elijah.
 Elijah as "Buzz Lightyear"; have I ever mentioned that Elijah talks ALL the time. He even talked to me through the fence as he was preparing for take off.
 The log ride is my favorite - JD watches the camera while all the kids and I ride.   
 This was Julia's first year riding the Drop Zone - that is the ride that I totally volunteer to remain with the younger crowd! Julia had a last minute panic attack, but still decided to go.  JD encourages each child to keep their arms up, their legs out, and when it drops do not make a peep all the way down. There are two new children initiated into the Order of the Silent Drop Zone. Congratulations Tori and Julia! We don't have any wimpy riders in our family; Ben doesn't like the Drop Zone but rides all the roller coasters.  
We took the three youngest through Dino Land again this year while the older crowd rode a few other roller coasters. Check out all the smiles again. I guess when my next child gets married, I'll ask the younger crowd to imagine they are at King's Dominion!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment