OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Weekend

 December is going way too fast; there's still so much I want to do with the kids before Christmas. Since we are going out of town next weekend, it was our final weekend at home before Christmas. JD and I were blessed to be able to attend a very nice fund raiser dinner for missionaries that we are thrilled to support in Guatemala. It's a bonus to have a nice date night and to mix and mingle with others that have a heart for orphans!


 Elijah asked me, "can you please never go anywhere without me?" Sorry, little Buddy, that isn't practical, but how about a picture with Mom before I leave? The girls thought that was great idea also.

Yes, Selah dressed herself!
 Yesterday Alyssa and I had a sort and wrap session. I gathered gifts and boxed them; Alyssa then wrapped them. I have been following several families that have decided to get rid of gift giving all together with Christmas. In some ways, I think that would be wonderful. On the other hand, I enjoy our Christmas gift giving. We went down to three gifts per child a few years ago and I think it works well. In reality, however, I often wrap things together; like this year a few children are getting a sweatshirt and tennis shoes wrapped together or a coat and boots together. 


Just for some fun - here are my little people after church on Sunday. They wanted to stay in their church attire to eat. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very very cute children!!!!!! I still have some wrapping to do. I enjoy the gift giving...however not so much the pressure to do it for extended family. Only because its hard for me to find time to shop and often finances are limited. We picked names though but still...

    ReplyDelete