OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

For Once


After 11 children, and several bonus foster children, I am no stranger to public humiliation. Last night, however, I was spared since JD happened to be the parent in line for pizza at Costco, while I was the other parent towing a half a dozen children through the store piling my cart high with food. There was a sweet older couple in line behind JD and Elijah and she leaned towards Elijah and asked, "what did Santa get you this year?" Elijah leaned towards her and said, "Santa is dead!" JD did exactly what I would have done and explained that Elijah was referring to the original Santa - Saint Nicholas. She was satisfied at the answer but the rest of us got a good laugh.

Elijah and his Christmas dog
If your shopping is too boring, I can loan you one of my little people. At this point, I even think I have broken Selah from telling strangers in public that they are fat - but you may want to give me a few more Costco trips before I can guarantee that!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha oh my gosh!! Thats hilarious! But you dont need to lend me any....I have my own army of crazies:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol- so cute!!!

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design to support my work in India, fostering 7 children with special needs

    ReplyDelete