OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Nathan!

 I returned from San Diego late, late last night after flying from San Diego to Seattle, Seattle to Charlotte and then Charlotte into Richmond; that will teach me to not wait too long to book my ticket next time. I was also stuck with the early, early (actually middle of the night) flights that I loathe! It was all worth it, however, to spend time with my new sweet grandson, Nathan. JD went a few days before me and came home a few days before me, so we were there together about four days and each there a week total.

Nathan and MiMi had some quality time together, even if he did sleep a lot of it away.
Day one - I got up at 1:40 a.m. for my flight out

  
We did a lot of talking when he was awake also -


  
And contrary to the pictures, I did share him -

Starting to smile
He liked his Grand-dad also
 We did do a few things in CA that I will blog about also; including Alayna and I taking Nathan for pictures. 

worn out from picture taking
 He turned six weeks while we were there, and it makes me sad to think how much he will grow before I'm able to make it back to CA.

He's a sweet, sweet little guy -







2 comments:

  1. In that "smiling" picture with his dad, he looks like Elijah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so blessed to be able to make the trip. Yeah for grandsons!!!

    While I live in WA, I have 2 grandsons in MN and 2 grandsons in OK, that I don't get to see very often. Back here in WA, I have 2 grandsons that live 3 hours away (so I try to head that way once a month or so), and a new grandsons born this week that is about 7 hours away (but I did make it for the delivery). 7 grandsons . . . and not a one of them close enough to snuggle on a regular basis. :(

    Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete