OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Surprise in San Diego

 I got a really nice surprise when I was in San Diego! Betty, the wife of the director of our adoption agency in Ethiopia, contacted me when she saw I was in CA. She is also currently living there, seeking necessary medical attention for her son. 

While I was thrilled just to see her and her two little boys, I was also happy to hear some of the options that would be available to help Brooke in Ethiopia, since she isn't passing court to be adopted.

Betty was an invaluable resource while we were in Ethiopia since she translated for Brooke and us the first two trips to Ethiopia. She was already in America my third trip, and it was much harder to communicate with Brooke.


Alyssa, me, Brooke and Betty in Ethiopia - Nov. 2012

Betty and her darling sons in San Diego
We had authentic Ethiopian food
Visiting with her was an added bonus to my trip to San Diego. We also visited JD's sister, husband and nephew who traveled down from LA for the day, but I am going to have to wait for her to send me the pictures to prove it since I didn't have my camera. So, while we wait, here's a shot from my last day in CA when I put the boys down for a nap.

Nathan and Gabriel napping on the couch


No comments:

Post a Comment