OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Garden Day

 We spent yesterday from 8 until we had to leave for math class at 1:30 in the garden. James used the weed eater and mower and tidied the grass up around it. Ben dug up the kamikaze grass-looking weeds that grow up along the wall. The girls, Elijah and I planted our baby plants that I bought, as well as the ones that I started from seeds in the milk cartons. I have two beds left to plant, one for green beans and the other for cantaloupe and watermelon. I am hoping to do a little research on what watermelon like, because mine have never tasted very good.

We created a wooden tent structure for the cucumbers to vine up; I think I need one for the zucchini also. They were pieces of Alei's old deck that were falling off.


We built three round little beds for kiwi plants. My one plant met a tragic end a few years ago when JD pulled it thinking that it was a dead tomato plant. At that point, I could not remember if the remaining plant was the male or female. We transplanted that plant to the middle bed, and I ordered a new male and female for the ends; next we have to build them a trellis.


I woke this morning to this sweet moment of Elijah and Selah reading a library book on hippos. The picture is dark, but I have to remember these moments when they are arguing later in the day.

What isn't as cute is Bella attempting to lick the sticky off her hands rather than wash them.

  

1 comment:

  1. Emmi is trying watermelons this year too, in a separate area from our garden.
    I love your garden beds! WHat's the little solar panel next to the kiwi circle? We'd love to do some solar, so far we only have a tiny panel that runs the gas pump for tractor diesel.

    ReplyDelete