OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Behind

 I am behind, behind on blogging - I intended on posting the picture of Alei on her actual birthday of April 29th. Alei showed up for birthday dinner and cheesecake with 22 inches missing from her hair. She is donating it to cancer wigs. Julia made her the 3D clay birthday card and I took a picture to show Julia, as she is down in Virginia Beach with friends.


 Other than that, things are the same busy. The chickens are laying; I know there was an over-achiever chicken feeling the egg below. Our meat chickens are growing quickly, as they are supposed to, and our cow still has not given birth. Since the milk machine is assembled on the dining room table and I don't know how to use it, I'm not complaining.


I put Scooter and Skippy up for sale and they sold the first day. They are remaining here with their momma until June 1st, then they will move to their new home. I am quite sure that Lady, last year's doe, is now pregnant in spite of me trying hard not to let Vinny near her, so we will have another round of cute baby goats in the next few weeks.


While it has rained and rained, I got a little clear sky yesterday and took the trailer into town and bought an old Ethan Allen table and four chairs for our new school table. It's about time to wrap up this year and get organized for next.


Tomorrow I am off to a one day woman's conference, then JD is picking me up and we are heading to DC for a C.S. Lewis play. We will make our way home about the time the kids get out of church with their Mother's Day crafts. Honestly, nothing says Happy Mother's Day quite like a nice hotel breakfast that you don't have do dishes after!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, the egg is really big! We have baby goats to sell in the next few weeks too. ALei looks great. I noticed the two dishwashers in the background, and am so envious, I miss my two sooooo much. The one here runs 3 times a day. Great find on the table! You're allowed to drive with the trailer--I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alei's haircut is absolutely gorgeous! Love that she donated her hair!

    ReplyDelete