OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pre-Mother's Day and Mother's Day

 The older I get, the more I realize how scheduled holidays become painful times for so many people. There are so many women that mother's day is a hard day full of struggles for many reasons. The last two Mother's Days for me have been much more about the pain of child raising than the celebration. I hate I feel that way sometimes (frequently honestly), because it is unfair that say, two children can sway my emotions more than the other nine. I don't think it was necessarily linked to Mothers Day, but we have had some super tough Saturdays before Mothers Day the last few years that have resulted in JD taking the kids to church alone on Mothers Day because I have not wanted to face the world.

This year I was blessed to attend a women's conference at our church all day Saturday. At the end of it, JD picked me up and we headed to DC for a C.S. Lewis play that we wanted to see. We stayed up in DC last night and leisurely made our way home today with a few stops at Ikea and Tractor Supply.


I came home to a nicely cleaned house courtesy of my daughters, as well as flowers, balloons and gifts. They really made it great for me this year and I am grateful. 

The play didn't get out until like 10:30 - that's kind of late for us old folks and we look tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment