OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Life Gets in the Way

My hectic life gets in the way of my blog! I am winding up the summer, as I leave on a trip tomorrow, and have less than a week until we start school once I return. I have accomplished a lot of cleaning and decluttering this summer, but there is always more waiting. We have to finish clearing the back room in the basement upon my return, because James and Elijah are going to have at home MMA lessons starting in September. I sold the large items, including the pool table, but there are still countless small items to be relocated to other places.

I have also done quite a bit of school prep, but I still see a few late nights before we can begin the new year. We had a Classical Conversation meeting a few nights ago here where we presented how we do CC at home, it made me want to change around the way I do a few subjects.

Socks, our CVS kitty, went to her new home yesterday; we are happy she has a family with kids for lots of attention.


I also did a pepper canning session on Saturday. These are banana peppers -


And even more jalapeno peppers -


It appears that we will have to buy a batch of tomatoes at the farmer's market if we decide to cram in a hot salsa batch before school, because the guineas aren't leaving me enough to use. (Pretty sure the white guinea flock is up for sale...) The grey flock is annoying in the barn but they don't get in the garden.

I will post from my vacation destination tomorrow -

                                                                                   Jenny

2 comments:

  1. What a cute kitty picture! SInce we school some year round, various subjects end and begin again at different times, not all at once. We will start our MOH in September, that will be our only new thing for a while.
    Do you mean James and Elijah will be doing work in that room, or other kids will join a class at your house? Happy vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to do classes in the basement with just a few other kids, because the Sensei lost her space she rented and we don't want to boys to stop. One more thing on my plate!

    ReplyDelete