OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Post Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving Day. We extended our new Amish table with two leaves to fit everyone around. Julia announced "Happy Misgiving" to everyone several times and Ben said that we should have this for dinner every night!

At clean up time, Elijah jumped in to help. After not eating at the meal, he decided to try the mashed potato serving spoon and found it to his liking.

He then thought it may taste even better if he dipped his slipper in it.

On top of good food, we are all thankful for the love of family.

My clan went Black Friday shopping at 3:00; then we are heading for breakfast at Aunt Deb's house. She may be regretting hosting a Black Friday breakfast about now since she got up at 2:00 a.m. to stand in line at Best Buy for a new lap-top!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jenny!

    I found your blog through a comment you left on another one (maybe on A Baker's Dozen?). When I saw that you live in Virginia, I just had to read your blog...so I just finished reading through all your archives, and I enjoyed it very much. :)

    I'm wondering where in Virginia you live, although maybe you don't like to reveal that. I live in the Shenandoah Valley, and we have Old Order Mennonite neighbors, but no Amish around here (so I'm wondering where you live that is close to Amish because I didn't know there were Amish in this wonderful state). :)

    Anyway, I'm inspired by your large family and your faith in following God's leading. Thanks for sharing the story of your special family!

    ReplyDelete