OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Room Change Again

So, this is hair week. Hair week is hitting about every third week and it adds an additional challenge to my normally hectic week. I decided that Sunday would be Julia take out day, Monday would be braid the front day, Tuesday would be braid the back day, Wednesday would be Tori's take out day and then our friend, Dena, comes Thursday to re-do Tori's hair. So, yesterday, I was sitting in the "guest" room taking out Julia's hair and letting Tori play doll house when it hit me. I should move Tori and Julia into the now "guest" room. I am very unhappy with having them in the sun-room turned bed-room mainly because it is so cold in the winter. Last winter, we even bought a little heater for them, but it increased our power bills significantly. So, here's a nice warm bed-room with a closet that I planned on making Elijah's room someday, but I could move the girls now and have warmth and a closet! I ran down-stairs and ran the idea by JD, he agreed that it made sense. The other perk is that they will be by Moriah and Alyssa's rooms and the girl's bathroom; right now the sun-room bed-room is off by itself. So, Moriah and I started dismantling the guest bed and shuffling things around. At this point, I have one big mess! I have beds in the living room and quite frankly, I'm exhausted and wished I had waited until the weekend to have started this major project,(which is along the lines of what my sensible husband suggested.)

I have tried down-loading my room moving pictures three times and blogger isn't cooperating with me, so I'll try those later and move on to more important things. I would like to recommend a blog of someone I've never met, but I appreciate so much. Ashley is a missionary with orphan relief and rescue in Liberia. This group helps one orphanage at a time with emergent needs like housing and clean water. Right now they are raising money for an orphanage called Gold Child. You can read and see Gold Child's conditions on her blog post here -

http://loveinliberia.blogspot.com/2009/10/making-house-home-for-gold-child.html

It breaks my heart to see the conditions that these precious orphans are squatting in and to imagine the stress on the workers that desperately try to just feed them everyday. Most orphanages in Liberia are make-shift and run by people who just collected orphans off the street during the war. There are no social service programs to help them and they are as poor as the rest of the county!

I also urge you to watch the short video on orphan relief and rescue. It is on the left side on their blog here -

http://www.orphanreliefandrescue.org/content/donate

It takes me back to my trips to Liberia and exactly what you see is where my three little Liberian treasures came from!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing, because I do the same thing! My husband always "suggests" that I wait to do something at a better time, but I am so a "right now" girl.

    Hoping for that peace and energy to just fill you up today:)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete