OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

End of the Week

We got hit with snow again, this is pretty wild weather for Virginia! It was only a few inches, but I thought our Friday school would be filled with, "can we go out nows" but no one asked. The boys were exceptionally slow and spent over two hours on their one little Saxon math sheet. I guess, after a friend's encouragement yesterday, that I'm going to switch their math and see if they will do better with a more hands-on approach. Typically, 3rd grade math is the most time-consuming part of my day!


We finished our long week back to school after Christmas break as well as babysitting our bonus baby all five days. All in all, it went pretty well; getting back into it appears more difficult for me than my students. Here's Alyssa's study buddy. She set him up with Julia's pink "puter" to work while she did her math. He may be distracting but she handles it well.

I cut quite a bit of Elijah's hair and it makes him look so much older. He's still our baby boy though!

Today is paint day. The entire upstairs is only primered, not painted. It looks OK until someone touches the wall, then it doesn't clean. So at our house, that means certain walls are disgusting. So, I'm beginning the enormous task of painting the upstairs little by little. I just bought one gallon and am starting with just the entry way to make sure that I actually like the color I chose. It's taped and waiting for Elijah's nap-time.

Happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment