OUR PLANS MULTIPLIED

In the beginning, JD adamantly only wanted two children. I thought that four would be perfect. Once we caught God's vision of putting orphans into families, our plan was multiplied by God. We are currently blessed with 12 children; five biological, six adopted and one more waiting in Ethiopia. Our first adoption was from the U.S., the next three were from Liberia, West Africa, and our last two were from Ethiopia. We are supporting our 12th child in Ethiopia after her adoption could not pass court.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Haiti and Orphan Future

I got all excited when I saw that the state on TN was making a list of home-study ready parents for orphans in Haiti. According to this article, I'm not sure there is any reason to do so. I'm thrilled that the in progress adoptees are being sent to their new homes immediately, but I grieve for all the ones that are left behind!

http://www.rainbowkids.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=691

I put tiny, tiny braids in Julia's hair the last time I did it - I'm really regretting it now that I'm taking her hair out. We've been at it well over two hours and I'm maybe 1/6th of the way through it! It's going to be a long day tomorrow - for her and me! I'm hoping to do a new style on her that will match her flair for fashion!


That's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment